THE MAC-PRO PROVIDES A SMOOTH EDGE FOR A ROPE PATH, PROVIDING EDGE PROTECTION WHILST THREADED THROUGH THE APERTURE OF TYPICAL STEEL GRID-MESH.
Mac-pros can be used a range of applications including –
- INDUSTRIAL ROPE ACCESS
- COMMERCIAL ROPE ACCESS
- EMERGENCY RESPONSE
- TELECOMMUNICATIONS RIGGING
- OFFSHORE OIL AND GAS PLATFORMS
- RESOURCES SECTOR
- POWER STATIONS
THE MAC-PRO FITS MOST INDUSTRIAL STEEL GRID MESH
They can fit one or two 11mm or 13mm industrial static kernmantle ropes, making feeding ropes through grid mesh and retrieving them a quick and simple exercise.
The protector can be secured to the grid mesh with the supplied cord to prevent it becoming a dropped object.
- Maximum servicetemperature of 170˚C
- Extremely high protection against UV degradation
- High density nylon to prevent material crushing
- High wear resistance facilitating lowering off personnel in emergency scenarios
1) Please note the mac-pro is not a friction modifier device and should not be used in extreme friction scenarios.
2) While the mac-pro is structurally sound enough to handle a 90 degree deviation, the grid mesh you are using might not be, ropes should be vertical before passing through the mac-pro when possible.
3) mac-pros are designed and tested for use with static kernmantle ropes only. The use of flexible steel wire ropes in conjunction with the mac-pro is not recommended and should not be undertaken.