Are there any pre-requisites for IRATA training?
- Candidates shall be at least 18 years of age at the start of the course.
- Candidates should be physically fit and unaffected by any disability or medical condition that may prevent them from working safely. They shall ensure that they have an adequate level of fitness, are physically able to perform the tasks expected in terms of strength, agility and co-ordination, and are able to withstand the stresses of the working environment, such as heat, cold, and other inclement weather.
- Candidates are required to provide a declaration that they do not have any known medical disabilities or contraindications that may prevent them from working safely.
- If a candidate has a contra-indicated condition, he/she shall obtain a medical certificate before commencing any rope access activities.
- Candidates should consider their experience carefully before attempting to progress to a higher level. Candidates without appropriate competence, adequate pre-assessment training and knowledge of the syllabus are unlikely to meet the requirements.